Parasites are a very serious problem today. There are many ways to get rid of it that can be used both at home and for prevention.
Despite the fact that the level of sanitation in our time is quite high, and the pharmaceutical market offers various means of eliminating helminths, problems with the infection of the human body with parasites and methods of theirelimination do not lose their relevance. First, this is due to the wide distribution of parasites in nature. Second, the human body is a complex system which is in close contact with the external environment.
From the first seconds of its life, it is colonized by various microorganisms. This process lasts a lifetime and “settlers” are not always helpful. Parasites try to enter a favorable environment for them in order to develop and reproduce. In addition to drugs, there are traditional ways of dealing with parasites. Sometimes they are very interesting, for example, removing parasites with brandy.
Varieties of parasites
The classification of pests is very extensive, so we will only consider those of them that are widespread and occur most often.
By localization in the body, all parasites are divided into:intestinal
The following groups of helminths are distinguished by their biological characteristics:
- nematodes or roundworms;
- tapeworms or cestodes;
- fluke or trematodes.
According to the characteristics of the life cycle, all parasites are divided into these groups.
- Biohelminthes- have several stages of development in their life cycle, each taking place in the host. The latter can be intermediate, where the next phase of growth takes place, and final, where puberty and reproduction of worms take place.
- Geohelminths- spread in the ground, where the eggs ripen.
- Contagious species- are transmitted directly from one host to another.
Of the group of nematodes in humans, pinworms, roundworms, whipworms and Trichinella are the most common. The latter are the most dangerous, as they live in the muscles responsible for eye movements, myocardium, respiratory muscles and can cause cardiac and respiratory arrest.
Tapeworms belong to the class of biohelminths. Of this group, bovine tapeworm and pork tapeworm are the most common parasites.
Of the trematodes, the most common are the hepatic and pulmonary fluids, which parasitize the intrahepatic bile ducts and small bronchi.
Giardia is a single-celled flagellar parasite that lives in the small intestine and is transmitted by the fecal-oral route.
Clinical presentation and diagnosis
The clinical picture of parasite infestation is very nonspecific. Often the symptoms are mild and the patient pays no attention to them. This is due to the fact that for their growth and development parasites consume useful substances intended to nourish the human body.
Many people consider hard work and nerve overload to be the cause of symptoms, delaying a visit to the doctor. Thus, the removal of parasites is not carried out, and the patient's condition is aggravated. The main symptoms that occur when the body is colonized with helminths are:
- constant unmotivated fatigue;
- general weakness;
- a sudden change in body weight, usually weight loss;
- disturbance of the intestines, mainly transient;
- decreased immunity, manifested by frequent colds;
- the presence of chronic diseases that are difficult to control;
- skin problems - dermatitis, fungal, acne and pustular diseases;
- Obstructive bronchitis or bronchial asthma.
Pest cleanup methods
To get rid of parasites, you can use both drugs and folk remedies. But before you start treatment, you should understand that the removal of parasites from the human body is quite a complex process that requires a very serious approach.
Therefore, you are strongly advised not to accept funds without consulting a specialist. First of all, they are poisonous because their purpose is to kill the worm. Second, different treatment regimens are used for different helminthiasis. Often, several types of worms are determined in one patient at a time. Only a qualified doctor can choose a treatment regimen capable of removing all parasites from the human body.
But there are a number of general recommendations that will help you finish treatment with the least amount of discomfort.
- Review your diet. Eliminate all fatty and sugary foods. Favor vegetable foods that are easy to digest and do not overload the stomach and intestines. Have fresh vegetables and fruits, preferably raw, drink freshly squeezed fruit juices. Drink enough water, ideally mineral water. Cut out the sweet soda. Eat enough fiber to help your colon function properly.
- Do not drink alcohol during treatment. Even beer in small doses. This can cause serious side effects. Many patients believe that alcoholic beverages, such as brandy, can eliminate parasites.
- Take sorbents and antihistamines along with the antiparasitic remedy. The doctor will explain the diet to you in detail.
- Hepatoprotectors will be prescribed to support liver function.
- Practice good personal hygiene. This element should be the first in the parasite removal program from the human body and also plays a major role in preventing helminthiasis.
Hygiene includes the following measures.
- Be sure to wash your hands before eating.
- Wash all vegetables and fruits thoroughly, whether they are homemade or imported.
- During the treatment, do general house cleaning with disinfectants, it will help get rid of parasite eggs in the house.
- Wash all laundry at the maximum temperature allowed, then iron with a hot steam iron.
Pest control at home
Folk remedies play an auxiliary and rather preventive role in the elimination of parasites from the human body. But that in no way diminishes their importance, as they are simple, affordable and not as toxic as drugs.
Linen and carnation
Grind ten teaspoons of flax seeds and one teaspoon of cloves in a coffee grinder. Add the resulting powder to food or take it separately at a dose of 25 g per day for three days. The course takes place within one month. All three days of admission are alternated with three days off.
Coconut milk and coconut pulp
Mix the ingredients, leave in the refrigerator for two days. Take for children 5 ml three times a day before meals, for adults 10 ml for a week. Repeat the course in two weeks.
Suitable for getting rid of pinworms and roundworms. Finely chop the onion, pour boiling water over it, leave to stand overnight. A medium-sized onion needs a glass of boiling water. Then strain, take half a glass for 3-4 days.
Crush or chop the garlic with a blender, pour the oatmeal with boiled water, let stand for an hour. Then wrap a cotton swab and a bandage, moisten with an infusion and insert into the anus for 20-30 minutes.
Crush some nuts to get half a cup of powder. Boil water, salt lightly. Pour the nuts for half an hour, filter. Drink in several doses with a laxative.
Peeled seeds with a green shell are suitable for eliminating parasites from the body. You need to moisten them with salt water and warm them up. Eat half a glass of seeds per day.
Alcohol and hot peppers
Some patients treat the parasites with brandy and hot peppers. To do this, take 50 g of brandy in the evening, and the pepper is simply consumed in large quantities with food. These methods have not been shown to be effective and are not suitable for children. In addition, they should not be used in patients with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver.
Even if a person scrupulously respects all the rules of hygiene, preventive examinations by a doctor should not be neglected. This will help to identify the disease at the initial stage, when the number of individuals in the body is small and it is much easier to cope with it.